Definition of a channel
A channel in Akeneo defines a selection of products and information to export. A channel can be a website, a print catalog, a mobile application...
What's the use of channel?
A channel defines a selection of products and information to export.
It works like a filter on the product catalog and has the following properties:
- It is linked to a category tree (and only one!)
- It has one or more enabled locales
- It has one or several currencies
- It has a dedicated completeness
- It has its own measurement conversions.
A channel is also known as a scope in Akeneo PIM.
How many channels do I need?
You might need a new channel if and only if you need a different content for a same attribute (for example a Description for the web and another Description for a Mobile application) or if you need a different completeness (for example Web channel needs 50 Attributes but Mobile application only 30).