Prerequisites for installing the connector
Before installing the connector, please make sure Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 is compatible with your Akeneo PIM and Magento 2 versions.
Ensuring compatibility from one version to another remains our priority. Thanks to Akeneo API, Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 is natively compatible with new versions of Akeneo PIM although it may not include all latest features. Get in touch with Akeneo to learn about our product roadmap.
Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 Community Edition is compatible with:
- Akeneo PIM 2.0 and above (CE & EE) Akeneo PIM EE features are not included
- Akeneo PIM 3.0 and above (CE & EE) Akeneo PIM EE features are not included
Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 Enterprise Edition is compatible with:
- Akeneo PIM 2.0 and above (CE & EE)
- Akeneo PIM 3.0 and above (CE & EE)
#Magento 2 compatibility
"Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 Community Edition" and "Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 Enterprise Edition" are compatible with:
- Magento 2.1.X and above (CE & EE)
#Configure your Akeneo PIM
- Set your API user credentials
- Create an API user who has the full permission to view, edit, and manage products
- Create currencies enabled in Akeneo that match with Magento 2 currencies
- Translate your families, attributes, and attribute options labels for all languages available in Magento 2
If you need help setting up your Akeneo PIM, please refer to our PIM Help Center.
#Configure your Magento 2
Before using Akeneo Connector for Magento 2, please configure the following:
- Websites and stores
- Store languages and currencies
- API settings (Following our configuration guide)
- After category import, set the
Root Categoryfor your Magento 2 stores in
Stores > Settings > All Stores
If you need help setting up your Magento 2, please refer to Magento documentation.
#Who should install the Connector?
Installing the Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 is a technical process.
We therefore recommend that you ask a technical resource with proven track of Magento 2 skills to perform the installation of such connector.
#Does Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 work "out-of-the-box"?
Akeneo PIM being flexible enough for you to create many different catalog structures, the modeling of your catalogue and the features of your project may impact the usage or your Akeneo connector.
We did everything possible to ensure that this Connector adapts to your modeling, hence the different parameters of this Connector to adapt to your needs.
Please read the documentation related to the connector configuration documentation to understand the impact of each parameter.
#So, can I customize Akeneo Connector for Magento 2?
If the multiple configurations of the Akeneo Connector don't suit your business logic, or if you want to have other possibilities for import, you can customize Akeneo Connector for Magento 2.
This is why Akeneo provides you with the PHP source code of this Connector upon delivery.
Just keep in mind a few things before starting to develop your own improvements:
- Observers define each task for a given import. If you want to add a task, declare a new method in the corresponding Import class and add it to the Observer.
- One method in Import class = One task
- There is no data transfer between tasks
Please note that if you think your custom feature could also be used by the community, feel free to submit a PR so we can add it to this repository! If this feature could benefit to Enterprise users, Akeneo will get in touch with you to incorporate your edits to the Premium version as well. Cheers!