Configuration set up
#App connection settings
Now that you are aware of the current Akeneo App features, let us help you set up and effectively use your App.
In order to access your App:
- For the first time go to:
Akeneo App for BigCommerce>>
- Other times go to:
Akeneo App for BigCommerce>>
#Set up App for BigCommerce in the Akeneo PIM
Admin's first usage only
- Akeneo App activated by your Akeneo's representative
- Manage/Open App permissions in the PIM
Please follow the steps below:
- Go to:
Akeneo App for BigCommerce>> Click on
- Pop-in with requested permissions will be displayed. Acknowledge & confirm.
- Allow following permissions:
- Category tree -
- Locales -
- Attributr Groups -
- Category tree -
- Permissions recap will be displayed >>
- App is now activated and will be Open
#Set up Bigcommerce credentials
To correctly set up your Configuration page in the App, you will need to create a new API connection in your BigCommerce store interface to allow a data flow from the App to your BigCommerce store & storefronts.
To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Open your BigCommerce Store (Please note that you need to be an
ownerof the store to be able to set up a new API Connection)
- Go to
API Accounts>> Click on
Create API Account>>
Create V2/V3 API Token
- Give a name to your new
Connectionand set up:
- Products - MODIFY mode
- Channel Settings - MODIFY mode
- Channel Listings - MODIFY mode Save the changes.
Without those permissions, App will not function correctly and you will encounter serious problems during synchronization.
- The credentials will be displayed in the pop-in. Please make sure to keep them saved on your device as you will not be able to access them afterwards.
- Then, you can open the
Configuration pageof your App/Connector and set up your BigCommerce credentials. You will need:
- Client ID and Access Token (see above)
- Store hash (BigCommerce identifier of your store - see example below)
- When saving your credentials by clicking on the "SAVE" button, your API connection will be tested to confirm that the linking between your App and the BigCommerce store could have been established. You will see the indication displayed in green or red depending on the state of your connection.
Where can I look for potentials mistakes if my BigCommerce API Credentials connection has failed?
- Please verify if you did not leave an additional "space" character in one of the fields and/or if you did copy the entire field information correctly.
- Please verify if you filed the correct information in corresponding fields (maybe you have used the Client Secret credentials in one of the fields?)
- Please verify if the API credentials in question still exist in your BigCommerce store (did you or someone from your team did request the new API connection? if yes, you will need to update it accordingly)
#Set up Main App Configuration
You can select the fields from the dropdown list. The list of choices is automatically pre-populated from your PIM.
- Locale What is a locale?
- Channel What is a channel?
- Currency - you need to set up your default currency even if you are not using your PIM for price matters (BigCommerce requirement)
- Main category What is a category?
Please remember that only categories and products created within a given locale, channel and category will be imported to your BigCommerce instance.
Please remember to double-check your App's configuration before the first import.
Further changes in the following fields can cause severe problems to your App usage:
- Main category
- BigCommerce store hash
If a change in one of those fields is necessary then please make sure to perform the manual clean/changes in the BigCommerce store before reimporting your categories and products.
The App has an option to clean the data persistence to restart your configuration and mapping. However, it means that you will need to reimport your PIM catalogue into your BigCommerce store from scratch.
#Set up Storefront
You will need to finish your configuration set-up by choosing a data destination Storefront. This functionality enables you to choose a Storefront to which you products and categories will be attached once import.
The Storefront section becomes available only when a BigCommerce credentials are saved correctly. The list reflects a list of your storefronts available in your BigCommerce store. The list will be updated each time a new storefront is created.
If your API connections are established with
Success, and your main configuration and storefront are all set up, then it means that you are good to go and map your BigCommerce/PIM attributes.
#Set up display type for variants
Product display section let you select display type you wish to see for your variants in your BigCommerce store.
Display types supported by Akeneo App for BigCommerce:
- Radio Buttons
- Rectangle List
You need to select a display type in order to be able to import your variants correctly.
BigCommerce Product Page: